Wanda Coleman – Writing as Feedback System to Aid Individuation
Wanda Coleman, award-winning poet, author, and former scriptwriter discusses how she used the riotous energies in Los Angeles after the 1965 Watts rebellion to enhance her own individuation and other aspects of her writing career, including her process.
Date Recorded: 11/26/00
1. On L.A. artistic milieu after Watts riots
2. on her role as Griot or Medium
3. On how writing for Days of Our Lives helped her become a better poet
4. on American Sonnets process
5. (poem) What do to About Billie Holiday
6. Jazz Poetry
7. (poem) For The Sake of the Cool
8. Child of Whitman and plight of the artist in USAmerica
From 2002, hear also Wanda on American Sonnets.
More interviews at: www.AmericanProphets.org