Funding has been provided by Humanities Washington and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) as part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) approved by the U.S.
- Founded in 1972
- Humanities Washington’s mission is to open minds and bridge divides by creating spaces to explore different perspectives
- We are an affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, but are an independent 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization
- We serve over 60,000 people in over a hundred communities throughout Washington State each year through our programs and partnerships
- Core programs: Speakers Bureau, Prime Time Family Reading, Think and Drink, Washington State Poet Laureate (with ArtsWA), the Center for Washington Cultural Traditions (with ArtsWA), and grants
- Media contact: David Haldeman, Communications and Content Director: (206) 682-1770 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org